Saturday, May 15, 2010

The New Encyclopedia of the Bible

This week's spotlight is on the latest edition of Zondervan's Encyclopedia of the Bible.

Generally speaking, I am not one to get excited about encyclopedias - I've got other things I'd rather be reading! However, one look at this resource and I am hooked.

There is great basic information on everything from Jerusalem to Catacombs, perfect for an experienced researcher just starting out on a new topic or a new student taking their first religious studies class.

Each entry explains the topic from both the Biblical and historical perspectives, as well as placing the topic completely within the greater world. Information, though not extensive, provides a basic understanding and a solid basis for further study.

Now that I have said my piece about the information in this book, let me step back into a more superficial position: BEAUTIFUL! Yes, this series is fully illustrated with full-color images.

Though the information is important, the way the information is presented is too. And this Encyclopedia covers both aspects wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment